Jul 31, 2016
A Future With Hope
When we put our faith in God, we have a hope for the future that will sustain us through the unexpected circumstances of our lives.
- Jul 31, 2016A Future With Hope
- Jul 24, 2016Marriage Made For HeavenJul 24, 2016Marriage Made For HeavenWe all approach marriage with a hope that it will be lasting. However, if we attempt to build it on a foundation that will not support it, it will not last.Paul shares with us, in Ephesians 5, the perfect marriage, between Christ and the Church, and provides through that example a pattern for us to following in building a lasting marriage.
- Jul 17, 2016Rejection, Regret and RepentanceJul 17, 2016Rejection, Regret and RepentanceSeries: Rock Solid FaithPeter and Judas both betrayed Jesus. Judas by turning him over to the authorities; Peter by denouncing him three times. Yet the difference really comes at how each of the respond to the regret when their sin is brought to light.Each of us live with regrets, those decisions that we come to say, "If only ..." How we deal with those regrets make the real difference. Judas shows us the despair which can result from regret. Peter shows us how it can move us to repentance.
- Jul 10, 2016We Are In This TogetherJul 10, 2016We Are In This TogetherSeries: Individual MessagesThe events of the first week of July 2016 remind us that our world is in chaos. Nothing makes it clearer than the senseless loss of lives during this week.It is time that we in the church take a stand both against the racial injustice and violence that has scarred this land.God has torn down the dividing wall of hostility between people. How dare us attempt to rebuild it. We in the church are to be a Gospel message of unity and love to a world as broken as ours.
- Jul 3, 2016Encounter & ExchangeJul 3, 2016Encounter & ExchangeSeries: Rock Solid FaithJesus gives Simon a new name ... the Rock. Through the life encounters with Simon gradually change into that person with rock solid faith. Jesus desires the same transition to occur in us.In Simon's third encounter with Jesus (Luke 5:1-11), we see the transformation begin to occur as Simon makes three exchanges of old for new. These transitions are also needed in our lives.
- Jun 19, 2016Live Your LessonJun 19, 2016Live Your LessonParents have the responsibility of teaching their children to love God with everything they are. However, their greatest teaching method is not what comes out of their mouth, but what comes out of their lives.However, we are called to become like Christ, and as we live a Christlike example, we have the greatest chance of teaching them to love Jesus. But when they seem something other than Jesus in our lives we may do more spiritual damage to them.
- Jun 12, 2016Imprinting God’s Love On Your ChildJun 12, 2016Imprinting God’s Love On Your ChildAs parents, we have the primary responsibility of imprinting our children with a love for God. We do that as we engage them in teaching opportunities that allow us to speak God's word and love into their lives.Yet, to often we allow the church to own responsibility for our children's discipleship, or are unavailable to our children.
- Jun 5, 2016Building The FoundationJun 5, 2016Building The FoundationWe live in the midst of an X-Rated world, but God has called us to live a godly or G-Rated life. How do we life that G-Rated life? More importantly, how do we raise our kids to live a G-Rated life in the midst of this world.Living that life begins at the same place as it began with the Hebrew people as they prepared to enter the Promised Land ... another X-Rated environment -- Love The Lord Your God!
- May 29, 2016Family Matters
- May 22, 2016Ministry The Right WayMay 22, 2016Ministry The Right WaySeries: Ministry FairWhen we speak of ministry we often get things messed up because we begin with thinking of ourselves. But ministry is not about us. It is about God using us to grow and develop others into Christlikeness.This message was for the annual MInistry Fair Sunday.
- May 15, 2016Ministry Matters
- May 8, 2016Rediscovering HopeMay 8, 2016Rediscovering HopeSeries: Faith PromiseChristianity is about rediscovering hope. Our partnership in missions is a partnership in sharing that hope with others.This message was presented by Kathy Bozyk, the Executive Director of Southside Pregnancy Center as part of FCC Chicago's annual Faith Promise Emphasis.