Jan 22, 2017
Eve undoubtedly felt like God's promise of victory over the serpent was lost when one son was killed and the other exiled. Perhaps, she felt as though she had received the stomping. However, God is always faithful and opened another pathway to promise fulfillment ... a promise finally realized in Christ.
- Jan 22, 2017FaithfulnessJan 22, 2017FaithfulnessEve undoubtedly felt like God's promise of victory over the serpent was lost when one son was killed and the other exiled. Perhaps, she felt as though she had received the stomping. However, God is always faithful and opened another pathway to promise fulfillment ... a promise finally realized in Christ.
- Jan 15, 2017Sin: Paradise LostJan 15, 2017Sin: Paradise LostBy: Dwayne LonesAdam and Eve were placed in paradise, but it didn't take long for paradise to be lost to sin. Since we live in a world that follows Adam into sin, we too don't experience paradise.Yet, in this story of the fall into sin is the beginning of a message of hope and grace. God gives this couple two signs of his ultimate victory over sin, and paradise restored.
- Jan 8, 2017ControlJan 8, 2017ControlWhen we look at the Creation story, we tend to look to answer the 20th century question of HOW. Yet God in telling his story of Creation answers the greater question, WHO and WHY.His message, in a world of chaos, God is in control. In creation, God defeats the other gods of the Ancient Near East, in preparation for taking his kingly throne in the presence of humanity.
- Jan 1, 2017New Growth CommitmentJan 1, 2017New Growth CommitmentSeries: Individual MessagesGrowth is a normal thing. However, as Christians many fall into the habit of putting growth in neutral. Jesus' spiritual growth was intentional. Neither gospel writer spends much time on his infancy because Jesus grew.In his spiritual development, he lays for us some markers for our own growth in Luke 2.
- Dec 25, 2016Jesus, Suffering Savior
- Dec 11, 2016Jesus, Hope For The BrokenDec 11, 2016Jesus, Hope For The BrokenThe Servant of Isaiah offers life-giving hope to the broken, oppressed, rejected, and outcast. Matthew reflects Jesus as the fulfillment of this Servant. In spite of currently broken lives, hope can be offered to those who accept the gracious ministry of the Servant because Jesus brings healing to broken lives, and puts things right for everyone open to his work.
- Dec 4, 2016Christ, the Child-King
- Nov 27, 2016Time Treasure 2016Nov 27, 2016Time Treasure 2016By: TeamTIME - Dwayne LonesBig Idea: God has gifted each of us with 24 hours. Howe we use our time to advance the Kingdom is part of our tithe.TREASURE - Steven ChapmanBig Idea: Giving of our treasures is more about HEART and HOW MUCH>
- Nov 20, 2016Touches & TempleNov 20, 2016Touches & TempleBy: TeamGod asks us to be broad stewards of many things that he has poured into our lives. The 6Ts give us a glimpse into a broader approach to stewardship that goes far beyond money. The following message is the third and fourth Ts in the series.TOUCH: Our culture defines value by net-worth but God sees value in relationships, and he desires to use those relationships as avenues for demonstrating His love.TEMPLE: We are to see ourselves as the holy dwelling place of God. Yet, our culture has traded the holiness of godly morality and sexual purity for temporal gratification.
- Nov 13, 2016Task – Talents 2016Nov 13, 2016Task – Talents 2016When speaking of stewardship we often limit the discussion to money. However, God has much more for us to steward, and if we don't first give ourselves to these things the giving of our money will never be as he asks. This message introduces the 6Ts, and addresses the first two in detail.Task - Are you shortchanging God in your life pursuits? God want you engaged in fulfilling your divine purpose, not chasing self-centered dreams.Talents - Are you shortchanging God in utilizing your abilities? If you are using your abilities for selfish purposes instead of for God you are stealing from Him.
- Nov 6, 2016We Are On Purpose – We Are At Our BestNov 6, 2016We Are On Purpose – We Are At Our BestSeries: Core ValuesSimplicity:Focusing on our defined purpose in ministry keeps us from being distracted by cultural clutter.______________________________________________ Excellence:God is worthy of our best so we seek to prepare and present every aspect of ministry to the best of our ability._________________________________________________________________________________
- Oct 30, 2016We Are an Expanding Movement