Feb 15, 2015
Who’s Your Daddy?
We live in an age when it is epidemic that young people do not bear a sense of identity because they do not know who their father is. That same lack of identity can also be found in the church. BIG IDEA: As children of God we are on a journey to live a life that imitates the character of our Father. To do less denies our lineage and brings shame on ourselves.
- Feb 15, 2015Who’s Your Daddy?Feb 15, 2015Who’s Your Daddy?We live in an age when it is epidemic that young people do not bear a sense of identity because they do not know who their father is. That same lack of identity can also be found in the church. BIG IDEA: As children of God we are on a journey to live a life that imitates the character of our Father. To do less denies our lineage and brings shame on ourselves.
- Feb 8, 2015Preparing For Your Spiritual ExamFeb 8, 2015Preparing For Your Spiritual ExamJohn prepares us for the tests that he will give for checking the authenticity of our faith by giving a thumbnail sketch of the four items he will describe more fully in the rest of the book. These items help us to evaluate the legitimacy of how well we KNOW GOD. The four points in this pre-exam review provide validation marks for those who KNOW GOD.
- Feb 1, 2015Fittro Mission PresentationFeb 1, 2015Fittro Mission PresentationSeries: Faith PromiseDavid Fittro, our Faith Promise mission partner, along with his wife, Teresa, shared the work they have been doing in the United Kingdom for 22 years, with an emphasis on their work with youth in Nottingham, England.David and Teresa will begin a new episode in their mission work when the return to England in the summer of 2015. They will be part of a multi-church planting effort initiating in Birmingham.
- Feb 1, 2015Walk In the LightFeb 1, 2015Walk In the Light1 John 1:5-2:2Walking in the light means living in such as way that you reflect Christ to those around you. That is the life of the disciple. A disciple does not just fit into the world around them. A disciple shines the way to Christ.This message was presented by one of our Faith Promise missionary partners, David Fittro, a CMF missionary to UK.
- Jan 25, 2015A Funny Way To Begin A LetterJan 25, 2015A Funny Way To Begin A LetterJohn begins his for letter to believers in a funny way for us. He doesn't enter into small talk. He jumps right into what is the most serious of matters, and my doing that introduces us to the essential content of the book - upon what will your salvation be tested authentic? The message includes a complete reading through the letter of 1 John.
- Jan 18, 2015Why Connect In Groups?Jan 18, 2015Why Connect In Groups?God brings about our spiritual growth in the context of relationships. When I participate in group life, I place myself in an environment that God can bring about my spiritual growth because groups serve as a laboratory for knowing and experiencing God's grace and love and engaging in ministry.
- Jan 11, 2015What Does Connection Look Like?Jan 11, 2015What Does Connection Look Like?If Christianity is all about connection, what does that connection look like it?And if Christianity is all about connection, does connection look like something that can happen during Sunday morning worship?
- Jan 4, 2015A Case For ConnectionJan 4, 2015A Case For ConnectionChristianity is all about connection!God is a God of community. He has always existed in community, and created us to live in community. However, since sin shattered our relationships with Him and with each other, God has been working overtime to recreate connection for His people.
- Dec 28, 2014One Worthy Of Our WitnessDec 28, 2014One Worthy Of Our WitnessThe shepherds serve as more than walk-ons for the Christmas drama. The shepherds were the first witnesses of God's gracious act of salvation in Christ ... and they serve as a prompt for us to go out and share the good news that a Savior has been born.
- Dec 24, 2014One Worthy Of Our WorshipDec 24, 2014One Worthy Of Our WorshipThe story of Christmas is a story of worship as episodes of worship spontaneously spring up throughout. But in an age when worship has been reduced to song sung during an hour of corporate gathering, one of the most pronounced episodes of worship often misses out on the richness of the observance.The wisemen invite us toward a worship that seeks out God and surrenders to him as Lord.
- Dec 21, 2014One Worthy Of Our WillsDec 21, 2014One Worthy Of Our WillsMary demonstrates that fulfilling her role as the mother of the Christ-child was worth the risk in order to play her part in God's salvation-history plan. We often may battle to surrender our wills so completely to God's plan that we are willing to make tremendous sacrifices in order to see Jesus born again through an incarnation in our lives.
- Dec 7, 2014One Worthy Of Our WaitingDec 7, 2014One Worthy Of Our WaitingIn the period between the OT and NT God remained silent. Sometimes, he is just as silent to our ears. However, we learn in the waiting that God is working behind the scenes. They waited for the Messiah, we wait for God's movement in us through the Holy Spirit. He leaves us waiting - working on us as he fulfills His purpose. How we wait is just as important as that we wait.