Apr 23, 2017
Come As You Are
Series: No Perfect People Allowed
Grace is the centerline of Christianity. When we don't embrace grace it causes us to continue to be trapped in a cycle of sin-death. But God embraced us with grace, and called us to be channels of His grace through acceptance of others.
- Apr 23, 2017Come As You AreApr 23, 2017Come As You AreSeries: No Perfect People AllowedGrace is the centerline of Christianity. When we don't embrace grace it causes us to continue to be trapped in a cycle of sin-death. But God embraced us with grace, and called us to be channels of His grace through acceptance of others.
- Apr 16, 2017Resurrection Hope
- Apr 9, 2017King: To Whom Your Allegiance Belongs
- Mar 12, 2017Chosen
- Mar 5, 2017Sacrifice
- Feb 26, 2017CovenantFeb 26, 2017CovenantEvery covenant includes a rite of admission. For Abraham that right was the act of circumcision for all the men who were part of his household. In circumcision they showed they agreed to be counted among God's covenant people. For Christians, we enter into that covenant relationship through the action of baptism.
- Feb 19, 2017Priest KingFeb 19, 2017Priest KingYou would think that Melchizedek is an insignificant character in Scripture. He appears in the life of Abram and is gone after four verses. But this fleeting character is unfolded for us in Psalm 110 and Hebrews 6 and 7 as a compelling type for the Messiah, both king and priest. In this type he presents two convincing truths: God can be trusted, and our salvation is sure.
- Feb 12, 2017Conquest
- Feb 5, 2017DiversityFeb 5, 2017DiversityGod introduced diversity to unify humanity in fulfilling its mission. However, humanity tends to interpret diversity as disunity. God reversed this flow through the blood of Christ, and the presence of the Holy Spirit. Through Christ we can experience unity in the midst of our diversity.
- Jan 22, 2017FaithfulnessJan 22, 2017FaithfulnessEve undoubtedly felt like God's promise of victory over the serpent was lost when one son was killed and the other exiled. Perhaps, she felt as though she had received the stomping. However, God is always faithful and opened another pathway to promise fulfillment ... a promise finally realized in Christ.
- Jan 8, 2017ControlJan 8, 2017ControlWhen we look at the Creation story, we tend to look to answer the 20th century question of HOW. Yet God in telling his story of Creation answers the greater question, WHO and WHY.His message, in a world of chaos, God is in control. In creation, God defeats the other gods of the Ancient Near East, in preparation for taking his kingly throne in the presence of humanity.
- Jan 1, 2017New Growth CommitmentJan 1, 2017New Growth CommitmentSeries: Individual MessagesGrowth is a normal thing. However, as Christians many fall into the habit of putting growth in neutral. Jesus' spiritual growth was intentional. Neither gospel writer spends much time on his infancy because Jesus grew.In his spiritual development, he lays for us some markers for our own growth in Luke 2.