Steven Chapman, Senior Minister
Follow me on Twitter @scchapman63
Read my blog
Steve’s Links to Help You Grow
- You Version – participate in a daily Bible reading plan, and share notes and thoughts with the online network.
- Bible Gateway – a one source on-line Bible reading and Bible study tools, featuring a multitude of translations in English and various other languages.
- Church Leaders – a full array of resources for Ministers and other Christian leaders.
- Christianity Today – CT’s web magazine that provides articles, news, and commentary about relevant world issues from a Christian perspective.
- Crosswalk – a full-service Christian site with devotionals, Bible studies, discipleship tools, news and commentary and many more resources.
- R12 Online – a video enhanced study that teaches Christians to live like Christians based on Romans 12 by Chip Ingram.
- GenerousYou.com – a 4-week resource for discovering the genius behind a life of generosity.
- Ministry Matters – an assortment of resources for those who preach, teach and lead.
- Christian Book Summaries – enhance your ministry as a thinking Christian through these thorough and readable summaries of noteworthy books from Christian publishers.
It has been my joy to serve on the ministry staff at First Christian Church of Chicago since 1996. I was originally called to serve as Associate Minister of Outreach and Discipleship, a position I filled for 11 years. In 2008, I was named to the Senior Minister position.
I am joined in ministry by my wife of over 30 years, Laira, and our five children. My family is my first ministry, for to fail to provide the needed spiritual leadership at home I would fail in ministry to the church.
My joy in ministry is to work alongside of the other Elders to fulfill God’s vision for the FCC family. My spiritual gifts in teaching/prophecy, administration, and leadership help me lead and equip the Teaching Team, and train others for effective leadership of their various ministries.
I graduated from Lincoln Christian University in 1985 with a B.A. degree in Christian Ministries. In 1992, I earned a M.Div. degree in New Testament studies from LCU.
When not engaged in ministry, I enjoy reading, engaging in and watching a variety of sports, including St. Louis Cardinals baseball and Chicago Bears football. I enjoy developing home craftsmanship skills, which I love utilizing them for the church and community.